Ethiopia’s 99% Election Win – Can they do better this time around

With a population of over 80 million and the ruling party making up only 6% of this 80 million, it is totally amazing that they managed to secure such a landslide victory. The ruling party who are pretty much made up of people from the small northern region of Tigray are either so good at PR or the other 94% of the population (who do not speak their regional language) love them so much they voted them in with an amazing overall democratic victory.

I would think that the pressure is on the Government to do a little better this time around and secure a 100% of the vote.

Ethiopia has 83 different Languages with up to 200 different dialects spoken. The largest ethnic and linguistic groups are the Oromo, Amhara and Tigryans respectively.

Free press does not exist and many journalists are held in prison.

Come on guys you can do it and get that extra 1%.

Example of Web B-llocks